Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm in LOVE... with my new light that is!!!

Changes are certainly taking place around our house.  In the next few days I will be posting some "sneak peak" pictures of a few of those changes.  (We still have a LONG ways to go before everything is actually done!!)  Today I just HAVE to share my new light with you.  Nothing spectacular, I didn't do a thing for it - not a DIY project.  Wellllll, wait a minute... I DID lace the electrical cord through the chain, and I DID put on the globes, AND I DID screw in the light bulbs - does that count??? 

Anyway, I'm in L-O-V-E with my new light.  Sure, I would have preferred the $750 cut glass chandelier, but seeing as that was just a "tad" out of our price range, we had to settle for something a little less expensive.  Unfortunately I only have a picture of the previous light after we were doing some patching and painting, but this was the basic light that came with the house when we built it 22 years ago (please forgive the dust - we were remodeling!).  Obviously in need of a major update!!



Ready for the big reveal???  Here it is!!!

We actually changed out the glass globes with some that match other fixtures in the house.


I know, it's probably not as exciting to you as it is for me, but it's just nice to have a change after all this time.  I'm not sure if you can see from the picture or not, but the walls have gone from tan to a beautiful soft yellow color. 

See you back here real soon with a few more changes taking place!

1 comment:

  1. ooh...I love your light too! It looks so beautiful, especially in the picture with your door...gorgeous! It's amazing what a little change will do...I found a small chandelier at a thrift store, bought it, painted it, and hung it in my craft room (replacing the 40+ year old builder special), and every time I go in, I smile. That light makes me happy, so I know how you feel! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be posted after review.