Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Craig's List Hutch

I am SOOOOOO excited - I just made my first Craig's List purchase!!!  My husband buys and sells stuff on there all the time, but this is a first for me.  I have been looking for a hutch.  It couldn't be real wide because of the area I want to place it.  I came across this add and immediately contacted the seller to see if it was still available - I was in luck.  Talked to hubby to see what he thought, and then scheduled a time to check it out.  Met with the guy that evening.  The picture he posted (the one below) made it look quite a bit nicer than when I checked it in person.  However, because it had a few issues, I was able to get him to come down on the price... $30!!!  It's solid wood, so I think I got a good deal.  Since I'm planning to paint it anyway, all problems can be easily resolved with a little bit of sanding.  I can't wait to get started on the make over.  Think I'm going to be painting it white and then scuffing it up a bit.  I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after review.