Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Did It Myself!!!!

I am SO excited about my new blog background!!!  It might not be as fancy or gorgeous as some of the blogs out there, but I did it MYSELF - that's why I'm so excited!!!!  I read tons of other postings by people who are SO willing to share their knowledge.  Two of the most helpful blogs were "The Cutest Blog on the Block" and "Easy Custom Blogs".  They have TONS of information, and are more than happy to help you when you run into problems.  The beautiful graphics come from Jaguar Woman (who has a boatload of wonderful graphics at fantastic prices), and then I created my own design in Corel Draw.  I hope you like my new look, now that I "kind of" know what I'm doing it will be fun to make new designs.

UPDATE:  I need a favor!  I didn't realize until I asked a friend to pull up my blog on her computer, that it looked COMPLETELY different on HER screen than it did on mine.  I had previously used a background from "The Cutest Blog on the Block" and did not have that problem, but with MY design I'm finding that there seem to be some issues. 

My blog should look like this (or pretty close to it):


It should NOT look like this!!!! 
(Can you see why I was disappointed with the way my friend saw it??!!)


Could you let me know how it looks on your screen?  If you know your screen size or resolution that would help too.  Thanks in advance for helping me out!!


I would love to hear what you think!!

5 comments:

  1. Cool design!! I'm hopping through from the French blog who just reached 1600 followers. wow! I'm just hoping to hit 500 followers soon and am having a giveaway to celebrate. Please stop by if you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks wonderful Debbie!!! Seriously it's so pretty and fall like. I just love it!! I'm just like you when I do anything on here I get SO EXCITED!!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog does look beautiful but, if you want the design to look the same in all browsers, you need to set the background to "width=100%" instead of having the width equal to a specified number of pixels. I use a 20" monitor set at 1680x1050 but, most folks still use a 15" set at either 1024x768 or 800x600, so creating pages designed to fit those settings also helps your site to look the same for all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,

    A little info which may help after doing some testing. I believe the different displays that your visitors see on your Blog are due to 2 variables which are the shape of the screen (square or wide screen) and the resolution. For example, to dispaly the page correctly a resolution of 1280 x 1024 is required on a square screen and a resolution of 1280 x 768 is required on a wide screen.
    What's important is not so much the actual resolution but the ratio between the width and height of a square screen and a wide screen. However, you could inform your visitors of an optomised viewing as above for both screen types.

    Hope this helps,love the blog and all the best

    Maria (Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be posted after review.