Friday, April 16, 2010

Quick (and cheap) Porch Makeover

One broken rocking chair – picked up out of trash… $0

One rusty old milk can… $15

One can of Heirloom White spray paint… $3.49
Antiquing over paint (already had)… $0
One yard of fabric for seat… $3.50

One can of Black spray paint… $3.49

Few additional little personal touches…
Total project under $30
New DIY decorations for front porch – PRICELESS!!!!

And you never even notice that the chair is broken!!!

After I originally posted this I decided to add our house number to the milk can.  I need to pay closer attention to where I get these ideas, because I actually found it on another blog site.  I'll try to find it and add it in here so I can give credit where credit is due.  Anyway, here is a picture of the milk can with the addition of our house number.  (Instead of painting the number I borrowed my friend's Cricut cutter on white vinyl - worked GREAT!!! Thanks Michelle!!)



1 comment:

  1. I am picking up a milk can today that I have on hold at a local antique shop. What a great idea to paint the house numbers on it! I am so glad God created crafty creative people with wonderful ideas that I can borrow! :))))

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be posted after review.