Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In The Beginning...

So I guess everyone who starts out creating a blog has to jump in and start blogging at some point, so here I am. I am a "newbie" so please bear with me as I get the hang of this. Not only am I new to blogging, but I found a whole new world of decorating that I didn't even know existed!! All this because I clicked on "one little link" on my niece's blog "Design Intervention". Oh my, I could literally spend DAYS out there jumping from one site to another. Much to my husband's amusement, I all of a sudden started frequenting Goodwill, dollar stores, and other thrift stores in search of junk that I could transform into wonderful treasures. With my dear niece Amy in tow (who just happened to be here visiting her Mom) we scoped out all the various stores, and loaded up on some of the essentials – number one being Rustoleum American Accents (Heirloom White) Spray Paint, and of course Ralph Lauren Faux Technique Glaze (tinted smoke). Let’s just say that I have already caused our local Home Depot store to run out of the Heirloom White Spray Paint. (I’m wondering… can you have too many things painted and glazed???)

Anyway, for the time being, I know that this blog will be for my viewing enjoyment, and give me the opportunity to post pictures of projects I am doing. Perhaps a few friends and family members might drop by, but it should be fun to at least try my hand at blogging. If you happen upon this blog and have a notion to drop me a note, I would love to hear from you. I’m certainly open to all suggestions!! Maybe, just maybe, some day I will have a blog that others want to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted after review.